Winter season is fun, I personally love winter more than summers. Everything is adorable about winter but naturally, your skin doesn’t love winter that much according to survey with female plastic surgeons in Dallas. During winter, the weather becomes cold and humidity level decreases, this causes dry air which robs moisture from your skin. We all love to sit around a heater and take hot baths in winter, they are so comfortable and soothing, but they also steal moisture from your skin and so does harsh cleaners and soaps. Thus, making your skin dry, if you don’t pay attention to your skincare during winter the innocent dry skin can lead to cracking, bleeding, and in some cases eczema.
There are many ways to avoid dry and skin, you might look for cold creams and moisturizers. Although, for skincare, these things work you need to do a bit more to keep your skin lively and smooth. This guide includes the best ways to counteract the winter dryness, in the end, you will also learn how to make Olive, Honey and Egg Yolk Mask at home for a youthful and moist skin.
Here are some tips from Dallas plastic surgeons
• Hot baths are soothing, but they are harmful to your skincare. Try, to shower or bath with lukewarm water to maintain natural oils of your skin.
• As soon as you take bath, even with lukewarm water, your body will lose moisture. So, keep a moisturizer near your bath that you can liberally use every time you bath.
• While choosing moisturizers, prefer oil-based moisturizers over water-based, they are more likely to help you maintain moisture and natural skin oil during winter. Also, try to avoid moisturizers that are petroleum based, they can rob your skin of moisture.
• Cover your body to protect it from harsh and dry winds. Wear gloves and scarves, also use sunscreen if you like winter sun. It can be as harsh as the summer sun.
• One thing that always happens in winter is that we don’t drink a good amount of water. We relish on hot drinks and avoid water. This can cause dehydration, and unless you drink enough water you just cannot maintain moisture on your skin. So, drink plenty of water, you can always drink lukewarm lemon water if you need something refreshing and hydrating.
• During the night, we don’t drink water and therefore the body loses moisture. To avoid morning dry, moisturize your skin before sleeping. It will help you retain moisturized skin until morning.
• During winters your skin becomes weak and more sensitive to allergens and irritants. Avoid, chemical-loaded detergents, harsh cleansers, and soaps. For skincare, use soap-free cleansers and alcohol-free hand washers because they are less drying and more suitable for winter season.
• Cleansers are very harmful to your skin during winter but if you want to use them, use those cleansers that contain salicylic acid or better use cleansers that contain the moisturizing ingredient. You can try something like Suki’s Moisture Rich Cleansing Lotions or Ren’s Purity Cleansing Balm.
• Don’t leave your skin dry after taking bath for more than 30 seconds.
• Use foods that are high in water content, such as watermelon, apples, oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots. Ensure that you are taking the required amounts of necessary vitamins and minerals, especially Vitamin C and zinc.
• While searching best things for skincare, we often overlook the available things. You can effectively treat winter skin problems with homemade remedies. Let’s have one the most useful hydrating masks that you can easily make at home.
Olive Oil, Honey And Egg Yolk Face Mask
- 1 Egg Yolks
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 5-6 drops of Olive Oil
Add olive oil and honey to the egg yolk and whip them until the mixture becomes viscous and stable. Apply the mask your skin and wash off after 20 minutes.
This mask is very enriching, olive oil is naturally abundant in antioxidants and Vitamin E and K. Antioxidants protect your skin many damages, Vitamin E makes your skin youthful, Vitamin K is especially useful for removing scars, bruises, and spider veins. Egg yolk contains Vitamin A and other important minerals, which nourish your skin and prevent drying. Apply this mask twice a week for optimal results.
Winters are harmful to your skin, but you can counteract winter dryness through very simple steps. Avoid hot baths, harsh cleansers, and wind. Drink lots of water and cover yourself. Also, use homemade remedies to get better results. Good Luck!